Buttock Lift Surgery
Buttock lift surgery is also known as buttock augmentation or Brazilian butt lift. In this procedure, fat is injected in the buttocks to make it rounder and firmer. It helps in achieving a better figure among people leading to a better self-image. Implants are not used but a person’s own body fat is used in this procedure giving the whole thing a very natural look. Fat is harvested from other body parts, fortified and then injected into areas requiring any kind of lift.
Buttock Lift Surgery Procedure
This surgery is also known as mastopexy.
It is very popular amongst women are looking to revamp their looks. It helps women who have sagging breasts caused as a result of aging or breast feeding. The technique is to tighten and reshape existing breast tissues to give a younger looking bust line to women.
Brazilian butt-lift procedure
A Brazilian butt lift consists of fat grafting that is notable for its natural-looking results. The procedure involves the following steps:
- The procedure is usually performed under anesthesia, but in procedures where a smaller volume of fat is transferred, it may be done with only local anesthesia(numbing medication). You may ask for an anti-nausea medication beforehand, especially if anesthesia makes you sick.
- Your surgeon then uses liposuction to remove fat from other areas of your body, such as your hips, stomach, and thighs. Liposuction itself involves making incisions in the skin, and then using a tube to remove fat from the body.
- The fat stores that have just been removed from your body are purified and readied for injection into your buttocks.
- Your surgeon finishes by injecting the processed fat into specific areas of the buttocks to create a more rounded, full look. They make three to five incisions around the buttocks for fat transfers.
- Both liposuction and fat transfer incisions are closed up with stitches. Your surgeon then applies a compression garment against the affected areas of skin to minimize your risk of bleeding.
Brazilian butt-lift surgery benefits
Unlike other forms of buttock surgery, such as placement of silicone buttock implants, a Brazilian butt lift is touted for providing more natural-looking results while also creating more roundness in your backside.
It can also help address certain issues, such as the sagging and shapelessness that sometimes occur with age.
You might also consider the procedure if you’re bothered by figure imbalances that make it difficult to wear clothing comfortably.
Another benefit to Brazilian butt lifts is that there is a lower risk of infection compared to silicone buttock implants. It does have a better safety profile than other substances, such as silicone caulking and sealants, that are sometimes illegally injected into buttocks by people not qualified to perform the procedure.
Despite these advantages, there are some serious side effects to consider.
Brazilian butt-lift recovery and outlook
Like any cosmetic surgery, you’ll need to take special care after a Brazilian butt lift. You won’t be able to sit on your butt for two weeks following surgery, and you’ll need to sleep on your side or on your stomach until the area has completely healed.
Your buttocks may be swollen for several weeks as you recover from surgery.
Overall, the effects of this surgery last several months to years.
Initially, you may need more than one procedure until you achieve the exact results you want. It can also take up to six months before you see full results from the initial procedure.
You can help ensure a positive outcome by making sure your weight doesn’t fluctuate.
Who is a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift?
It’s always a good idea to check with a cosmetic surgeon before considering a Brazilian butt lift. They might give you the go-ahead if you:
- lost your natural shape due to age or weight fluctuations
- don’t feel comfortable in your clothes
- have enough fat stores in your hips and other areas for grafting
- are a nonsmoker
- are at a healthy weight
- lead a healthy lifestyle overall, which includes regular exercise
- haven’t had any recent infections or complications related to surgery
Brazilian butt-lift surgeries are increasing in popularity in the United States. When performed by a board-certified, experienced surgeon, you will have a better chance at a good outcome. Be prepared ahead of time and know the process, costs, and recovery time before signing up.
While the Brazilian butt lift is a popular surgery, it isn’t right for everyone. Talk to your surgeon about what your desired outcomes are as well as your health history. They may recommend this procedure or something different that will better suit your needs.